Thursday, March 5, 2009

What luck I have!

So this morning started out as normal as the rest, get up shower, eat breakfast, get ready for work. Same old, same old. Well I decided to check my account today to make sure I had money to pay for my passport. Well when I looked I had a whole lot more then used to be there! So I looked to see what the deposit was. Turns out Salt Lake Community College decided to reimburse the tuition I paid for my last semester there! I seriously started at the screen for a good 10 minutes is disbelief. Well not thinking today could get any better, turns out it did. So apparently now you need to set up an appointment to get all your stuff submitted to get your passport. I didn't have an appointment, but Iwas like what the heck I'll just fill out all paperwork and bring everything just in case. I've been a little worried because I put off getting my passport, then my friend tells me after she got hers, that there was about a 3 week waiting list to get an appointment. Well I get there and there are two people already in line. I waited for about 5 minutes for the first person to finish. When they left the guy working there asked the kid in front of me if he was the 2:15 appointment. He said yes. Then he asked me if I was the 2:30 appointment. I told him I wasn't but I was wondering how I would get one. He told me just to hang on a minute, so that's what I did. Well the kid in front of me was with his Dad, but turns out he had to leave because he had a checkbook with no checks in it, so he had to run home and get some more. So lucky me just happening to be there, I got the 2:15 appointment. I was out of there in 10 minutes! Today is a day where I can find no complaints!

4 comments:

Ty and Ber said...

SWEET ACTION!!! That is rad that you got your money back. Wahoo!! Now you have money for your trip.

Nice work on the passport thing. I am way excited for you to go. After you guys left last night Ty and I talked about how jealous we were. I guess having another child will be adventure enough for us for right now.

Jillian said...

Alright! I love days like those. I'm going to check my account to see if I have the same luck. haha!

MollyEmma said...

Good Job! It probably would not have worked as smooth for me...hahaha.

sandyseabunz said...

Guess "good things come to those who wait". I'm sitting here waiting for some cleaning fairy to
clean my house but it's just not happening! Ok, what adventure are you planning,must be good cause it involves a passport. LYRO